Policies and Disclosures
Mobile Banking Enrollment Terms & Conditions
Mobile Banking Enrollment Terms and Conditions
END USER TERMS
1- This service is provided to you by Happy State Bank and powered by a Third Party (“Licensor”) mobile technology solution. Section A of these End User Terms is a legal agreement between you and Happy State Bank. Section B of these End User Terms is a legal agreement between you and the Licensor.
HAPPY STATE BANK TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Thank you for using Happy State Bank Mobile Banking combined with your handheld’s text messaging capabilities. For help, text “HELP” to 73955. To cancel your plan, text “STOP” to 73955 at anytime. In case of questions please contact customer service at Customerservice@happybank.com or call 800-447-2265.
Terms and Conditions
1. The services are separate and apart from any other charges that may be assessed by your wireless carrier for text messages sent to or received from Happy State Bank. You are responsible for any fees or other charges that your wireless carrier may charge for any related data or message services, including without limitation for short message service.
2. The services are provided by Happy State Bank and not by any other third party. You and Happy State Bank are solely responsible for the content transmitted through the text messages sent to and from Happy State Bank. You must provide source indication in any messages you send (e.g., mobile telephone number, “From” field in text message, etc.)
END USER LICENSE AGREEMENT TERMS FOR THE DOWNLOADABLE APP
To be Agreed to by End User Prior to Use of the Downloadable App
1. Ownership. You acknowledge and agree that a third party provider or licensor to your financial services provider (“Licensor”) is the owner of all right, title and interest in and to the downloaded software to be used for access to Mobile Banking services from your financial services provider and the computer programs contained therein in machine readable object code form as well as any accompanying user documentation along with all subsequent copies, updates or versions thereof which are made available to you (if any), regardless of the media or form in which they may exist (collectively the “Software”).
2. License Subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement, you are hereby granted a limited, nonexclusive license to use the Software in accordance with the terms of this Agreement. All rights not expressly granted to you by this Agreement are hereby reserved by the owner of the Software. Nothing in this license will entitle you to receive hard-copy documentation, technical support, telephone assistance, or updates to the Software. This Agreement may be terminated at any time, for any reason or no reason. Upon termination, you agree to immediately destroy all copies of the Software in your possession or control.
3. Restrictions. You shall not: (i) modify, revise or create any derivative works of the Software; (ii) decompile, reverse engineer or otherwise attempt to derive the source code for the Software; (iii) redistribute, sell, rent, lease, sublicense, or otherwise transfer rights to the Software; or (iv) remove or alter any proprietary notices, legends, symbols or labels in the Software, including, but not limited to, any trademark, logo or copyright.
4. Disclaimer Warranty. THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON_INFRINGMENT. NO WARRANTY IS PROVIDED THAT THE SOFTWARE WILL BE FREE FROM DEFECTS OR VIRUSES OR THAT OPERATION OF THE SOFTWARE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED. YOUR USE OF THE SOFTWARE AND ANY OTHER MATERIAL OR SERVICES DOWNLOADED OR MADE AVAILABLE TO YOU THROUGH THE SOFTWARE IS AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK, AND YOU ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE RESULTING FROM THEIR USE.
5. Limitations of Warranty. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL LICENSOR , THE PROVIDER OF ANY FINANCIAL SERVICES AVAILABLE THROUGH OR RELATED TO THE SOFTWARE, ANY OF THEIR CONTRACTORS OR PROVIDERS OR ANY OF EACH OF THEIR AFFILIATES BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE SOFTWARE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY GENERAL, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY THEREOF, AND REGARDLESS OF THE LEGAL OR EQUITABLE THEORY (CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE) UPON WHICH ANY CLAIM IS BASED. IN ANY CASE, LIABILITY OF LICENSOR OR ANY OF THE OTHER PERSONS OR ENTITIES DESCRIBED IN THE PRECEDING SENTENCE ARISING OUT OF THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE SOFTWARE SHALL NOT EXCEED IN THE AGGREGATE THE LESSER OF $10.00 OR THE SUM OF THE FEES PAID BY YOU FOR THIS LICENSE.
6. U.S. Government Restricted Rights. The Software is commercial computer software subject to RESTRICTED RIGHTS. In accordance with 48 CFR 12.212 (Computer software) or DFARS 227.7202 (Commercial computer software and commercial computer software documentation), as applicable, the use, duplication, and disclosure of the Software by the United States of America, its agencies or instrumentalities is subject to the restrictions set forth in this Agreement.
7. Miscellaneous. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the parties concerning the subject matter hereof. This Agreement will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the state of Florida excluding that body of laws pertaining to conflict of laws. If any provision of this Agreement is determined by a court of law to be illegal or unenforceable, such provision will be enforced to the maximum extent possible and the other provisions will remain effective and enforceable. All disputes relating to this Agreement are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Florida and the parties expressly consent to jurisdiction and venue thereof and therein. The parties confirm that this Agreement and all related documentation is and will be in the English language. The application of the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods is hereby expressly waived and excluded.
8. Content and Services. Neither Licensor nor the provider of the wireless network is the provider of any financial services available through or related to the Software, and neither Licensor nor the provider of the wireless network or any contractor of the provider of the financial services available through or related to the Software, is responsible for any of the materials, information, products or services made available to you via the Software.
ZELLE NETWORK STANDARD TERMS
1. Description of Services
a. We have partnered with the “Zelle” Network® (“Zelle”) to enable a convenient way to transfer money between you and others who are enrolled directly with Zelle or enrolled with another financial institution that partners with Zelle (each, a “User”) using aliases, such as email addresses or mobile phone numbers (the “Service”). We will refer to financial institutions that have partnered with Zelle as “Network Banks.”
b. Zelle provides no deposit account or other financial services. Zelle neither transfers nor moves money. You may not establish a financial account with Zelle of any kind. All money will be transmitted by a Network Bank.
c. THE SERVICE IS INTENDED TO SEND MONEY TO FRIENDS, FAMILY AND OTHERS YOU TRUST. YOU SHOULD NOT USE THE SERVICE TO SEND MONEY TO RECIPIENTS WITH WHOM YOU ARE NOT FAMILIAR OR YOU DO NOT TRUST.
2. Eligibility and User Profile
When you enroll to use the Service or when you permit others to whom you have delegated to act on your behalf to use or access the Service, you agree to the terms and conditions of this Agreement. You represent that you have the authority to authorize debits and credits to the enrolled bank account.
You agree that you will not use the Service to send money to anyone to whom you are obligated for tax payments, payments made pursuant to court orders (including court-ordered amounts for alimony or child support), fines, payments to loan sharks, gambling debts or payments otherwise prohibited by law, and you agree that you will not use the Service to request money from anyone for any such payments.
The Service is intended for personal, not business or commercial use. You agree that you will not use the Service to send or receive payments in connection with your business or commercial enterprise. We reserve the right to decline your enrollment if we believe that you are enrolling to use the Service with your business account or to receive business or commercial payments. We further reserve the right to suspend or terminate your use of the Service if we believe that you are using the Service for business or commercial purposes, or for any unlawful purpose.
3. Consent to Share Personal Information (Including Account Information)
It is our general policy to treat your account information as confidential. However, we will share information with Zelle and other Network Banks for the purpose of processing transactions in accordance with our customary processes and procedures. You acknowledge and agree that we may collect, transmit store, and use technical, location, and login or other personal data and related information, including but not limited to technical information about your device, system and application software, and peripherals, and information regarding your location, that is gathered periodically to facilitate the provision of the Service and product support, for security reasons, for marketing purposes, and for other service to you (if any) related to, or in connection with the Service. Please refer to our privacy notice https://www.happybank.com/privacy-notice for additional detail on disclosure of account information.
4. Privacy and Information Security
We make security and the protection of your information a top priority. We have taken steps to protect the privacy and security of your personal information as well as your financial transactions with us. You should read our privacy notice https://www.happybank.com/privacy-notice before completing the enrollment process for the Service.
5. Wireless Operating Data
6. Enrolling for the Service
a. You must provide us with an email address that you regularly use and intend to use regularly (i.e., no disposable email addresses) and a permanent mobile phone number that you intend to use for an extended period of time (i.e., no “burner” numbers). You may not enroll in the Service with a landline phone number, Google Voice number, or Voice over Internet Protocol.
b. Once enrolled, you may:
i. authorize a debit of your account to send money to another User either at your initiation or at the request of that User; and
ii. receive money from another User either at that User’s initiation or at your request, subject to the conditions of the Section below titled “Requesting Money.”
c. If at any time while you are enrolled, you do not send or receive money using the Service for a period of 18 consecutive months, we may contact you and/or take other steps to confirm that the U.S. mobile phone number or email address that you enrolled still belongs to you. If we are unable to confirm that you are the owner of the mobile phone number or email address, then you understand that we may cancel your enrollment and you will not be able to send or receive money with the Service until you enroll again.
7. Consent to Emails and Automated Text Messages
By participating as a User, you represent that you are the owner of the email address, mobile phone number, and/or other alias you enrolled, or that you have the delegated legal authority to act on behalf of the owner of such email address, mobile phone number and/or other alias to send or receive money as described in this Agreement. You consent to the receipt of emails or text messages from us, from Zelle, from other Users that are sending you money or requesting money from you, and from other Network Banks or their agents regarding the Services or related transfers between Network Banks and you. You agree that we may, Zelle may or either of our agents may use automatic telephone dialing systems in connection with text messages sent to any mobile phone number you enroll. You further acknowledge and agree:
a. You are responsible for any fees or other charges that your wireless carrier may charge for any related data, text or other message services, including without limitation for short message service. Please check your mobile service agreement for details or applicable fees.
b. You will immediately notify us if any email address or mobile phone number you have enrolled is (i) surrendered by you, or (ii) changed by you.
c. In the case of any messages that you may send through either us or Zelle or that we may send or Zelle may send on your behalf to an email address or mobile phone number, you represent that you have obtained the consent of the recipient of such emails or automated text messages to send such emails or text messages to the recipient. You understand and agree that any emails or text messages that we send or that Zelle sends on your behalf may include your name.
d. Your wireless carrier is not liable for any delay or failure to deliver any message sent to or from us or Zelle, including messages that you may send through us or through Zelle or that we may send or Zelle may send on your behalf.
e. To cancel text messaging from us, send STOP to 20736. For help or information regarding text messaging, send HELP to 20736 or contact our customer service at 806-447-2265 or 800-447-2265. You expressly consent to receipt of a text message to confirm your “STOP” request.
8. Receiving Money; Money Transfers by Network Banks
Once a User initiates a transfer of money to your email address or mobile phone number enrolled with the Service, you have no ability to stop the transfer. By using the Service, you agree and authorize us to initiate credit entries to the bank account you have enrolled.
Most transfers of money to you from other Users will occur within minutes. There may be other circumstances when the payment may take longer. For example, in order to protect you, us, Zelle and the other Network Banks, we may need or Zelle may need additional time to verify your identity or the identity of the person sending the money. We may also delay or block the transfer to prevent fraud or to meet our regulatory obligations. If we delay or block a payment that you have initiated through a request for money, we will notify you in accordance with your User preferences (i.e. email, push notification).
If you are receiving a payment from a business or government agency, your payment will be delivered in accordance with both this Agreement and the procedures of the business or government agency that is sending you the payment.
9. Sending Money; Debits by Network Banks
You may send money to another User at your initiation or in response to that User’s request for money. You understand that use of this Service by you shall at all times be subject to (i) this Agreement, and (ii) your express authorization at the time of the transaction for us to initiate a debit entry to your bank account. You understand that when you send the payment, you will have no ability to stop it. You may only cancel a payment if the person to whom you sent the money has not yet enrolled in the Service. If the person you sent money to has already enrolled with Zelle, either in the Zelle mobile app or with a Network Bank, the money is sent directly to their bank account (except as otherwise provided below) and may not be canceled or revoked.
In most cases, when you are sending money to another User, the transfer will occur in minutes; however, there are circumstances when the payment may take longer. For example, in order to protect you, us, Zelle and the other Network Banks, we may need additional time to verify your identity or the identity of the person receiving the money. If you are sending money to someone who has not enrolled as a User with Zelle, either in the Zelle mobile app or with a Network Bank, they will receive a text or email notification instructing them on how to enroll to receive the money. You understand and acknowledge that a person to whom you are sending money and who is not enrolling a User may fail to enroll with Zelle, or otherwise ignore the payment notification, and the transfer may not occur.
The money may also be delayed or the transfer may be blocked to prevent fraud or comply with regulatory requirements. If we delay or block a payment that you have initiated, we will notify you in accordance with your User preferences (i.e. email, push notification).
We have no control over the actions of other Users, other Network Banks or other financial institutions that could delay or prevent your money from being delivered to the intended User.
Neither we nor Zelle shall have liability to you for any transfers of money, including without limitation, (i) any failure, through no fault of us or Zelle to complete a transaction in the correct amount, or (ii) any related losses or damages. Neither we nor Zelle shall be liable for any typos or keystroke errors that you may make when using the Service.
THE SERVICE IS INTENDED FOR SENDING MONEY TO FAMILY, FRIENDS AND OTHERS WHOM YOU TRUST. YOU SHOULD NOT USE ZELLE TO SEND MONEY TO PERSONS WITH WHOM YOU ARE NOT FAMILIAR OR YOU DO NOT TRUST. ZELLE DOES NOT OFFER A PROTECTTION PROGRAM FOR AUTHORIZED PAYMENTS MADE THROUGH THE SERVICE (FOR EXAMPLE, IF YOU DO NOT RECEIVE THE GOODS OR SERVICES THAT YOU PAID FOR, OR THE GOODS OR SERVICES THAT YOU RECEIVED ARE DAMAGED OR ARE OTHERWISE NOT WHAT YOU EXPECTED).
11. Send Limits
Upon enrollment in the Service, you will initially be placed into Tier 1. If you desire a different transaction limit please contact our customer service at 806-447-2265 or 800-447-2265 to request such change. All changes from Tier 1 will require our prior express approval which can be withheld for any reason and in our sole and absolute discretion.
TIER|Transaction Limit|Daily Limit
12. Requesting Money
You may request money from another User. You understand and acknowledge that Users to whom you send payment requests may reject or ignore your request. Neither we nor Zelle guarantee that you will receive money from other Users by sending a payment request, or that you will receive the amount that you request. Neither we or Zelle accept responsibility if the other User rejects or ignores your request, or sends you an amount that is less than you request.. If a User ignores your request, we may decide or Zelle may decide, in our sole discretion, that we will not send a reminder or repeat request to that User.
By accepting this Agreement, you agree that you are not engaging in the business of debt collection by attempting to use the Service to request money for the payment or collection of an overdue or delinquent debt; to request money that is owed to another person; or to collect any amounts that are owed pursuant to a court order. You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Zelle, its owners, directors, officers agents and Network Banks from and against all claims, losses, expenses, damages and costs (including, but not limited to, direct, incidental, consequential, exemplary and indirect damages), and reasonable attorney’s fees, resulting from or arising out of any request for money that you send that is related to overdue or delinquent amounts.
You agree to receive money requests from other Users, and to only send requests for legitimate and lawful purposes. Requests for money are solely between the sender and recipient and are not reviewed or verified by us or by Zelle. Neither we nor Zelle assume responsibility for the accuracy or legality of such requests and do not act as a debt collector on your behalf or on behalf of the sender of a request for money.
We reserve the right, but assume no obligation, to terminate your ability to send requests for money in general, or to specific recipients, if we deem such requests to be potentially unlawful, abusive, offensive or unwelcome by the recipient.
13. Use of Our Online Banking Site and/or Mobile App
14. Cancellation of the Service
In the event you wish to cancel the Service, please contact our customer service department 800-447-2265 or send us a secure email through the Service. Any transaction(s) the Service has already processed before the requested cancellation date will be completed by the Service.
15. Right to Terminate Access
Subject to applicable law or regulations, we may terminate your use of the Service, expand, reduce or suspend the type and/or dollar amounts of transactions allowed using the Service, change the enrollment process, and/or change the transaction limits associated with the Service at any time in our sole discretion without prior notice. We reserve the right to terminate your access to the Service or any portion of it in our sole discretion, without notice and without limitation, except as may be required by law.
We may amend or change (add to, delete or alter) the terms this Agreement from time to time upon giving poor notice to you. Amendments of this Agreement may include modifying and deleting existing provisions and adding new provisions. We agree to provide you notice of any amendment (except an amendment benefitting you) at least thirty (30) days, or a longer period if required by law, before that amendment becomes effective by mailing you notice of the amendment to the last address shown on our records, electronically if you have agreed to receive such notices electronically, by making the notice available with the periodic statement of your account (as applicable), by posting notice of the amendment in our offices, or by posting notice of the amendment on the Bank’s website or Online Banking (if applicable). By continuing to maintain your account, conducting a transaction or obtaining services or products relating to this Agreement or your account after the amendment becomes effective, you agree to the amendment of this Agreement.
17. Disclaimer of Warranties
EXCEPT AS OTHERWISE PROVIDED HEREIN, AND SUBJECT TO APPLICABLE LAW, NEITHER WE NOR ZELLE MAKES ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, REPRESENTATONS OR ENDORSEMENTS WHATSOEVER WITH RESPECT TO THE SERVICE. WE AND ZELLE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY, OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE AND NON-INFRIGEMENT, WITH REGARD TO THE SERVICE DESCRIBED OR PROVIDED. NEITHER WE NOR ZELLE WARRANTS THAT THE SERVICE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE OR ERROR-FREE, OR THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED. THE SERVICES ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AVAILABLE” BASIS.
18. Limitation of Liability
EXCEPT AS OTHERWISE PROVIDED HEREIN AND SUBJECT TO APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL ZELLE, ITS OWNERS, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, AGENTS OR NETWORK BANKS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY DIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY OR OTHER INDIRECT DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF (I) ANY TRANSACTION CONDUCTED THROUGH OR FACILITATED BY THE SERVICE; (II) ANY CLAIM ATTRIBUTABLE TO ERRORS, OMISSIONS, OR OTHER INACCURACIES IN THE SERVICES DESCRIBED OR PROVIDED; (III) UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR ALTERATION OF YOUR TRANSMISSIONS OR DATA; OR (IV) ANY OTHER MATTER RELATING TO THE SERVICES DESCRIBED OR PROVIDED, EVEN IF ZELLE HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. IF YOU ARE DISSATISFIED WITH ZELLE’S SERVICE OR WITH THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT, YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY IS TO DISCONTINUE USING THE SERVICE.
IN THOSE STATES WHERE THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES MAY NOT APPLY, ANY LIABILITY OF ZELLE, ITS OWNERS, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS AND AGENTS OR THE NETWORK BANKS LIABILITY IN THOSE STATES IS LIMITED AND WARRANTIES ARE EXCLUDED TO THE GREATEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, BUT SHALL, IN NO EVENT, EXCEED ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS ($100.00).
You acknowledge and agree that you are personally responsible for your conduct while using the Service, and except as otherwise provided in this Agreement, you agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Zelle, its owners, directors, officers, agents and Network Banks from and against all claims, losses, expenses, damages and costs (including, but not limited to, direct, incidental, consequential, exemplary and indirect damages), and reasonable attorneys’ fees, resulting from or arising out of your use, misuse, errors, or inability to use the Service, or any violation by you of the terms of this Agreement.
20. Governing Law; Choice of Law; Severability
This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Texas and applicable federal law and regulations in effect from time to time and are subject to any applicable automated or other clearinghouse rules and regulations. A determination that any provision of this Agreement is unenforceable or invalid shall not affect the enforceability or validity of any other provision of this Agreement. The state and federal courts located in Randall County, Texas shall have exclusive jurisdiction to adjudicate any dispute arising out of or relating to this Agreement. Each party hereby consents to the exclusive jurisdiction of such courts.
Subject to the terms of this Agreement, the Services are generally available 24 hours a day, seven days a week with the exception of outages for maintenance and circumstances beyond our or Zelle’s control. Live customer service generally will be available Monday through Friday, excluding US bank holidays.
Zelle and the Zelle related marks are wholly owned by Early Warning Services, LLC and are used herein under license.